Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bridge in and slow order removed.....

 Crawford overpass is in and trains can run again!!! The track was ballasted and secured with white glue mix. Once dry, I brushed on layers of different colors of Bragdon's weathering powder. The rails were painted with a Floquil "Rust" paint pen. After it dried, I used a stiff brush to take most of the paint back off of the rail and the ties that it got onto. Plus, the brush helped work in the powder. Spring is almost here so green stuff should start sprouting soon.

2 comments:

GRIFF said...

Awesome!! Looking great Dennis. Your roads are impressive - love the look and the line stripping. How do you do that!? You entire layout really screams Mississippi...nicely done. Love the "bad" side of the tracks too> LOL

Keep it up.

I am neck deep in my Thesis = NO TRAIN time. Although I did take two cars out to spray them this afternoon. It was 70 here outside DC....in FEB!!!

GRIFF

Dennis Daniels said...

Hey Griff,

The stripping was EASY. I masked them off with some 3M masking strips, drybrushed them with some yellow and white paint pens I found at Fastenall then gave them a light sanding to remove some of the paint. That's it!

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...