Saturday, April 12, 2014

 Some motivation and free time led me to the train room this past week. I had a local historical group come for a visit so the room got a deep cleaning and the layout got some much needed maintenance and repair. Afterwards, I decided to take some updated photographs of the layout and room.

 Here's a shot of the family area of the room. During planning, i wanted to fill this area with a helix for more main line run but I'm glad I didn't. We're really enjoying this shared space.
 I turned around after taking the photo above and got a shot of the rest of the room. I'm holding off on carpet for this part of the room until scenery is done. You can see the Port of Greenville above the stairwell and the Artesia yard on the right lower deck.
 A GP10 creeps out of the interchange at Ackerman, MS. This is a proto-freelanced scene. There is an old IC/GM&O interchange at Ackerman but no street running. I borrowed the street running scene from the town of New Albany, MS just up the old GM&O line.
A North bound empty grain train passes TXI cement as it enters the yard at Artesia, MS.


Now that I have some motivation, I hope to get some work done on the layout soon.

5 comments:

Colin 't Hart said...

Dennis,

That looks fantastic! I've almost sold my wife on the idea! Since she's a real TV junkie, this could be a good way for us to spend more time together :-)

Dennis Daniels said...

Thanks Colin! We have a GREAT time up there. Family watches TV or a movie or play a game while I work. Plus, they see me working and get interested in what I'm doing. It's a win/win!

GRIFF said...

Happy I stopped by -- great to see some updated shots of this magnificant layout! Looking great in all respects! I too love the idea of incorperating the family room into the layout room -- great idea. Hope all is well. Looking forward to future updates soon!

GRIFF

Anonymous said...

Great to see the MR article. I have been waiting for quite a bit for an IC/ICG/GMO layout and yours is beyond my expectations. Seldom do I get a chance to see Midwestern road articles that reflect my own modeling interest. Thanks for sharing your efforts with us. Tony James

Anonymous said...

Another visitor due to your layout's appearance in MRP! I imagine there are even more visitors, but just not so many that leave comments? -Greg,R.

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...