Saturday, August 23, 2008

The iron horse rolls...

I finally got enough track down to start rolling some trains. In the photos is a Proto 2000 IC GP9 with DCC and sound. I'm using an NCE Power Cab to run the layout at present but the Powerhouse Pro Radio is sitting in a box ready to be installed next week or so. That's tropical storm Fay knocking at the window.

This photo shows the CAGY to the Left and the track leading towards Tibbee Creek Bridge on the right.
 
This is the Tibbee Creek bridge. I hope to get started soon on the Central Valley Truss kit that is almost a perfect match. The rest of the bridge, concrete and trestle will be scratch built.

2 comments:

Hostler said...

It's looking very good. I am particularly fond of that IC Jeep.

GRIFF said...

Hmmm...some of those boxcars look familiar!? LOL Awesome work Dennis - this layout is AWESOME!! What a great plan & perfect layout room. I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS!! When can I come over......I can do scenery too 8o)

Keep up the great work - will check back often!

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...