Friday, October 10, 2008

There's only one way to build. UP!!!!

Today, I finished wiring in an NCE Booster, NCE EB3 three zone circuit breaker and a DCC Specialties Auto-reverser for the CAGY reverse loop and another for the lower level wye. All is working well. I've still got to get the command station set in it's permanent home. I want to build a shelf under the layout for it along with a pull out desk for a laptop computer so that I can connect to the command station and run Decoder Pro. Hope to have this in next week. 

In the mean time, I've started on the upper deck benchwork. I debated and debated on what I would use to support the upper deck. Finally, I decided on using 1/8" think angle iron. I've got the first section up and it's quite sturdy. I like this method as it does not interfere with where the back drop will go later.  I attached the angle iron with 5 screws directly to the stud walls. This is very sturdy. No, it's not "I can sit on it sturdy but I believe my 3 year old daughter could and I don't have all the iron in yet. I'll post more as the benchwork moves along.

No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...