Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lay of the land

I'm still waiting on the mail to bring the latest batch of supplies. I'm needing about six pieces of Micro Engineering Code 70 flex track and about four pieces of ME Code 55 flex to finish up track work. The code 70 is on the way but ME is still behind on getting the new batch of Code 55 out. Once I get the track, it should only be about a days work to finish laying track. After that, I've got some feeder wires to police up and a few center over springs to add to some switches and that should me mechanically complete!!!!!

In the mean time, I've started on laying in the scenery base. In these two photos, I've gotten the foam in and carved to the basic form. Today, I'm going to try to get some plaster cloth laid over and get the hard shell ready. After the plaster cloth, I plan to use Joe Fugate's cement/plaster/vermiculite recipe to fine tune the contour of the land.

No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...