Saturday, May 2, 2009

Painting the back drop

My third attempt at a backdrop is going well now. The Komatex has worked out great. 

For the seams, I used green Squadron putty. I squeezed on a bead of putty and smoothed it with a straight edge and let it dry over night. This morning, I sanded it with some 200 grit sandpaper on an orbital sander. That method worked GREAT. 

This is the first coat of paint and as you can see, the seam is GONE!!! You can see a chip at the bottom where the two pieces meet. 

The last shot is just an over all shot of the two decks. The top painted and the lower yet to be painted.  

1 comment:

Mike Habersack said...

Absolutely CANNOT see the seam! The Squadron putty seems to be the trick. I even clicked on the pictures to get them full size and the seams are GONE.

Glad that the Komatex is working out for you. I would have felt bad making the suggestion to you and having anything less than a great result.

Mike Habersack

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...