Friday, July 10, 2009

Getting closer to having a brick pier.....

I had some great tips from several people on several Yahoo Groups on how to do the photo wrap. 

Here's a photo of the real pier. 

I was able to take the above photo and do some serious editing with Photoshop and come up with this photo to wrap.

 

Anyway, I feel much better now knowing that I'm close to having my Brick pier. 

Going back an editing this page, I realized I never posted a pic of the wrapped bridge pier. Here's just the pier finished.

 

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hi Dennis,

I ended up here after following the link in one of your posts wanting help on the image bend. Your layout looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to following along from a far. Someday I'd love to put a layout like that in.

With respect to your brick pier, I'd suggest some photo matte presentation paper. Epson brand has it, perhaps others. Photo matte paper like, but not so thick. I use it for scrapbook pages. Also, while your monitor and printer may not be color calibrated, I doubt that is the source of your problem. You might want to be sure your printer isn't color compensating for you automatically. Epson and HP printers are both notorious for this.

Good luck!

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...