Friday, July 10, 2009

Wrapping it up

I'm working on the Tibbee Bridge trying to get that wrapped up, literally. Thanks to Keith at "Scale Segmental Bridge Co." I now have the perfect pier for the South end of Tibbee bridge almost..... 

The prototype is built out of brick. So, I have to figure out how to give this pier the look of brick. I feel that I have two choices. First, I could scribe mortar lines and paint the pier. This I feel is my last option because my skill levels aren't that good. I'd hate to mess up a nice casting as Keith has made. So, I figured I'd try option 2 which is to do a photo wrap. 

As you can see from the photo, the pier is slightly tapered and rounded on each end. It will be viewed from one rounded end so I want to wrap the photo so that there is only one seam and it's on the back side of the model on the other rounded end. I want to wrap this photo around the pier....  To do so and have the brick and mortar remain level and parallel,

No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...