Saturday, March 13, 2021

13 year anniversery!!!

Today marks 13 years I've been working on the layout. I should be a LOT further along but.....

One of the worst things about the six year break is finding tools I used years ago. For example, I was planning to finish that trestle I started this week but I can't find the Black Bear Construction Co. Bent Jig I used. It was a six piling jig. I found my five piling jig that came with the jig pack but don't know where the six piling jig is. So, the hunt in on. I've been through the workshop and under the layout once but a second attempt will be made in case I over looked it. No reason it shouldn't be in the workshop. I've also got a search on eBay for one just in case.

I did make a little more progress on the trestle. The deck is from a Walthers Trestle kit but I'm using balsa wood for the stringers and bents as they look more natural than styrene. Here, I've added the balsa stringers to the bottom of the deck. Hopefully I'll find that jig and can get going on the bents soon. 

I also checked on the GP7s in the IPA bath. With a light scrubbing from a toothbrush, the paint just peeled right off. I'll get these cleaned on up and ready for primer soon.











 

Well, that's a quick post. Back to the layout room to continue the jig hunt!

No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...