Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Going loco!!!

 Posts two days in a row! It's a six year record!!!!! LOL

Today, I decided to start on a locomotive paint job I've had on the list for about a decade. It's a pair of Proto 2000 GP7s with QSI DCC/Sound. These have been sitting in their box since new probably 8-10 years. Just like everything else on the layout, they need some attention to get them back running.

As you can see and hear, the motor was bound. Help from Facebook told me to check the worm gears for dried grease. Sure enough, the factory grease had set up like glue. I added a little Wahl Oil and now they run smooth.

Time to start on the shells. After disassembling most applied details, the shells have gone into an overnight 99% IPA bath. We'll see how they come out in the morning.



No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...