Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Cutting in a trestle

The locos are soaking, so back to some layout work. 

Today, I'm cutting in a trestle on the upper deck just West of Starkville. I've cut the track and glued the trestle deck to the rails. I'm using the deck to measure where my cuts in my spline roadbed need to be.









Aaaaaaaaaannnnndd.....after lots of sawing with a small hand saw, my cut is made.









Calling it a day today. Other tasks call. Tomorrow I'll start gluing together the trestle bents and get it looking like a bridge again. Or maybe I can sneak back upstairs later today and get the first bent glued and drying.

No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...