Monday, December 26, 2011

more scenery base

 While I get my nerve up to pour the water in the swamp scene, I decided to move on around the layout with scenery base. This first shot shows the base of Crawford grain. I used a 1/8" thick sheet of styrene as the base and am painting it a concrete color to represent the concrete slab of the grain elevator. The brown terrain around it is a thinned mixture of Fugate's Ground Goop. I love this stuff. It gives the scenery base a good color and it dries hard as concrete. This is good in my house with young kids.
I also extended my plaster cloth base. Plaster now goes from the box car on the left around to the ICG/Southern crossing on the right side of the photo. Pretty decent evening working on the layout.

No comments:

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...