Friday, December 9, 2011

More scenery

 Ok, so today I applied some plaster cloth and filled in the hole in the creek at the backdrop. I then mixed up a batch of Joe Fugate's "Ground Goop" of plaster, vermiculite and cement. I love this stuff!!! I mixed it kid of thin and coated the bottom of my stream and the fill of the roadbed and banks of the stream. I then sprayed it with a heavy mist of water to get it to "lay down" and give it a more natural look. I let it dry for a bit then mixed up a VERY WATERY batch of "Ground Goop" so I could get it to "level". In this photo, the watery mixture is still standing.
About an hour later, this is what was left. It looks to be a nice level base on which I can pour my magic water. I'm going to let this dry over night then vacuum off the loose vermiculite flakes.

1 comment:

GRIFF said...

Looking good Denny!

I cannot wait to see this layout come to life through scenery ~ wish I could help! Hope all is well...Merry Christmas! PS> Just got picked up for O4 - got to love the AMEDD with our later boards.

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...